Friday, February 14, 2014

A Night Out with Doc.

It's clear to see that the high heel is an ornate sculpture that including myself, I enjoy wearing and displaying the wondrous effects and marvels it does for my legs. I've always walked by the Doctor Martens store on Queen St. and had this curiosity about these boots that they call Doc Martens. I mean, obviously I knew what they were and saw people on the street wearing them, but I was always like, that's not really me. I don't know if it was the leather, or the clunkiness, or obnoxious association that usually came with wearing them, but I felt like it was something that I could never really "pull off". The first time I tried them on was last year just for my own personal endearment and curiosity. Although they were on my feet; I wasn't completely sold. The store guy was trying to help me (or push the sale I should say…) asking me what it was that I didn't like about the boots. I kept looking at my leather engulfed feet through the mirror. I don't know… Nothing against the boot, I honestly could not explain why I didn't like them, I kept navigating towards the it's too clunky excuse when ironically enough, I was wearing classic Timberland construction worker boots; so that was very hypocritical of me, but in the end I said thank you and left.
I'm going to say about a year later, my current retail employment began to carry the infamous classic 1460 Black boots so I decided to give them a go. Maybe it was because I was with a large group of girls closing my store after a very long day, so you can imagine the level of estrogen that was present in this one locale. Oh my god I love!!! and No definitely get them was all I kept hearing so I did. I was still uneasy about my purchase but I accepted the small percentage of desire inside of me that was urging me to let go and take it to the "clunky side." By letting go of my inner demon anti-clunky, grungy Doc Marten mentality, I fell in love. A love that is very passionate for not a person, or a pet, or something a little bit more prettier, but my Docs. Aside from the three month gruelling process that I went to, to break them in, I just couldn't and still can't get enough. There is just something about my Docs that I can't begin to explain. I love them. It's getting annoying actually. To the point where I am getting ready to go out to a bar with my girlfriends and I'm pairing the dress… with the Docs. I am even beginning to dress around the Docs. Ou I can wear these pants… with maybe this top… AND my Docs. Seriously. My friends are even telling me not to wear my Docs. I guess they will just never understand because they don't even own a pair to begin with. 
My rebuttal: Fashion is revolutionizing. The Docs never needed to make a come back because they have literally been around forever, but the culture is definitely expanding. I, myself have joined the "Doc Cult" and I will forever be a member. This is a lesson that fashion is your interpretation and if you want to wear the boots out, where the boots. Or an even more important lesson to take away out of all of this: "Life is short. Buy the shoes." But I think it is safe to say that no matter what direction you choose, what you think looks good, looks good. So with that advice, I will now lace up my black leather clunky Doc Martens, and pair them with my cute dancing dress, and go out dancing with my girlfriends. And by girlfriends I mean my Docs because seriously I'm in love with them. 


This is my night out with Doc...




1/30 f4.8 ISO400


1/30 f4.5 ISO400


1/50 f16 ISO400

1 comment:

  1. Partial marks given.

    Love the love story, but not the typos. ;)

    ReplyDelete