Friday, February 14, 2014

Metamorphosis through Makeup

It is my pleasure to introduce you to Steve, my model and makeup muse. Steve is a makeup artist at MAC Cosmetics and his incredible talent in creating drag makeup was my inspiration for this photo shoot. Going into the shoot, I was completely oblivious to the amount of time and effort that goes into makeup application, until I was informed that it took a painstaking hour and a half for Steve to apply this gorgeous smokey eye. I have a huge appreciation for the amount of precision and concentration it takes for any drag queen to transform themselves. These images attempt to capture Steve’s transformation through makeup techniques.

If anyone would like to learn from Steve’s expertise, I’m sure he would love to assist you at the MAC Bloor location.


1/60, f5.0, ISO 800



1/80, f5.0, ISO 800



1/80, f5.0, ISO 800

1 comment: