Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February Favourites

I've been trying a lot of new beauty products lately, and I decided to share with you some of my favourites this month.
First up is The Body Shop's tea tree oil.
1/25, f. 5.6, ISO 400
My skin is still recovering from my Hawaiian vacation over the break.  Hawaii was great for my mental state, not so great on my skin.  Hotel products are not for my skin type.  This little baby was recommended to me by a makeup artist friend of mine, who swears by tea tree oil.  It is supposed to dry out all your blemishes and leave you with flawless skin.  Thus far, it hasn't failed me yet.  Also, I heard a little rumour that putting a drop or two in your shampoo helps make your hair extra soft.
Bite Lip Stain
1/25, f. 5.6, ISO 400
This is a recommendation from my baby sister.  In my family, dry lips is a very serious condition.  I was complaining about my lips and how they looked on screen and she tells me she's trying this new lip stain.  This girl (my sister) walks into Sephora and goes up to the first sales associate she sees and says, "Give me your most moisturizing lipstick."  Et voila!  Bite Lip Stain to the rescue.  I'll admit, this stain does hide the flaking on my lips pretty darn well.  It's not a dry lips solution, but it'll do for now.

Sephora Plum Daze Blinged Palette
1/25, f. 5.6, ISO 400
A holiday gift from my older sister.  Love, love, love the colours.  Although not shown in the picture here, this palette also comes with blush and several colours of lip gloss in a hidden lower compartment.  I don't use the dinky, little brushes, but everything else is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment