Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Not So Blue Winter

Well let’s face it, winter is here to stay. To be completely honest I did not expect anything more than a mild winter this year in Toronto due to the fact that the past few winters here haven’t been that impressive when it came to the snow factor. But, with snow storm after snow storm, and the fact that our groundhog caught sight of his shadow,  it is clear that mother nature is fighting to keep winter very much alive. 

I started off this winter with a pair of Hunter boots and a 4 year old winter coat that had already lost it’s feathers by year 2. I know....how very fashion-student-like of me and sooooo not practical considering I have a pretty heavy commute each day. I tried to fight through it, being on a limited student budget and plainly just not wanting to spend money on new (and what I would argue not stylish) winter apparel, but I had to face the facts and realized I would not survive winter without proper protection. 

 Here is my take on winter essentials that will protect you from those harsh elements, but are still cute enough to sport for the entire span of our Canadian winter.

1/13 f/13 ISO 100
Vince Camuto Black Quilted Woven Hooded Down Coat - Hudson’s Bay
I love this coat because you can wear it zipped halfway or all the way to change up your look from time to time. It’s super warm and has a big oversized hood which I just adore.

1/20 f/13 ISO 100
Russian Vamp Boots - Roots
These boots are indestructible, definitely built to last. With their shiny black finish they give off a luxurious feel that can be paired perfectly with any skinny pant or legging. I recommend the black to do the job, especially since it pairs well with just about anything. 

1/40 f/13 ISO 100
Oversized Dylanium Knits Infinity Scarf - Homegrown Boutique 
This scarf is a life saver. It is hand knitted by local Canadian designer Dylan Uscher. Because the knit is so large it allows for a lot of coverage to the skin while also giving dramatic flair to any outfit, allowing for an endless amount of compliments for you to receive. Not to mention, it makes for a great makeshift pillow for those long commutes home. Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment