Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Finding your accessory story.

If there's any trend that every lady, man, and lady man is buying into right now it is statement jewelry.  From bangles up to your elbows, or chunky necklaces that give your neck a truly strenuous work out, it's clear that garments are losing their hierarchy in the fashion game.  So of course it's more important than ever to find your own individual accessory story.

With e-markets like Etsy and Ebay, and the rebirth of local jewelry stores it's almost too easy to find your bling-style.

For me, I am finding my zone in geology.  There's something very striking about the organic nature of stones. Most girls want a diamond, I want a rock.  Literally.  A single rock on a long chain is simple and delicate.

f/ 5.6  1/100 ISO 500

Deep down, I am also a granny.  My love for antique jewelry stemmed from my inability to spend large amounts of money on small trinkets I, most likely, will lose. More importantly, purchasing vintage accessories means you are almost guaranteed a higher quality piece than some of those fast fashion products. It's probably older than you are, so that's a great sign. A couple of my favorite pieces include a embroidered floral pin, a porcelain painted ring, and a gold pearled hair comb.

f/ 5.6  1/80  ISO 400

f/5.6  1/100  ISO 400

f/5.6  1/100  ISO 500
Call me old fashioned, but a little glint of something shiny can be much more flattering than a big honkin' statement.





No comments:

Post a Comment