Friday, April 18, 2014

90's Comeback

I remember wearing my sweaters around my waist when I was a little girl. It was definitely more functional than fashionable back then! For me, the shirts-tied-around-the-waist style serves a couple purposes:
  1. It can create a nice contrast or interest touch to an otherwise simple outfit. 
  2. It accentuates the waist (and can be used to redefine the waist when it is lost under loose fitting garments)
  3. It can also be used as intended when it gets a little too chilly: actually wear it! 
Here I've styled my plaid red shirt (from Cotton On) with a high-low t-shirt dress and a pleather jacket. In this case, I've tied it around the small of my waist to complement the flowy dress - landing perfectly, just above the end of the skirt. 

1/50 F4.2 ISO400

1/50 F4.2 ISO400


1/50 F4.8 ISO400



No comments:

Post a Comment