Monday, April 7, 2014

Admitting is the first step.

Spring is rolling in and it is a common sight to see the elaborate palette of shaded colours of winter slowly fade and evolve into the pastels as well as vibrant colours that come to be the colour palette of Spring/Summer 2014. If you're like me there is only one colour (or shade as some may argue) that holds a special place in my heart; black. My addiction to black began with a grassroots story that many undergo. During my adolescent years, anything that was full of colour possessing unique "patterns" was all I needed to justify the purchasing of any article of clothing. As I've grown up over the years and learned to value my cash a little more, I began to navigate towards the basics. I was fed up at the fact that I could not match anything with anything in my closet so I wrote my list of black basics that were needed and some odd years later here we are. Admitting is the first step, so I am admitting to you right now that I am a black addict. I'm taking the steps necessary to introduce some colour into my wardrobe but until I want to change I don't know if I can. My fellow addict-ee Rebecca is a black addict as well, so I curate her in a day and night piece that represents black's versatility when sky is bright and when also dark.


ISO: 400 1/400 f11


ISO: 400 1/400 f11


ISO: 400 1/400 f11


ISO: 400 1/400 f11


ISO: 400 1/400 f11


No comments:

Post a Comment