Sunday, March 23, 2014

Leather Scarf DIY

Inspired by the grunge yet minimalistic aesthetic of some of my favourite designers--Wang, Lang, Owens--and my daily instagram blogger stalking spree, I became obsessed with the concept of a leather bandana. To my wonderful amusement, the scarf itself only took about 20 minutes to construct and has now become a great addition to my accessory collection. 



What you will need:

- Leather (if you're a baller) or faux leather 
- Thread to match 
- Ruler - Scissors 


1/13  3.5  ISO 400  Tungsten Light

Now let's get started!
1. Fold your fabric in half. At the crease,  measure half of how wide you want your scarf to be. 
2. From that line, determine the final side as to your preference. (I used 18 inches for a fuller bottom) 
3. Cut out the triangle.


1/10  3.5  ISO 400  Tungsten Light

4. Now close the edges by folding down the sides and stitching down at a 1/8-1/4  inch. 

1/20  5.0  ISO 400  Tungsten Light

5. Voila!  You've got yourself a trendy, leather scarf for all your fashionable needs. #NINJASTATUS

1/15  3.5  ISO 400  Tungsten Light
1/15  4.5  ISO 400  Tungsten Light
1/15  4.0  ISO 400 Tungsten Light

No comments:

Post a Comment