Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Nail Art

f/ 2.2 1/80s ISO 400
Half-moon manicures, also known as the reverse French manicure, are here to stay and do not need to be hard to achieve. This look was achieved using Horse A-Round Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips by Sally Hansen.
f 2.2 1/80s ISO 400
Nail embellishments add an entirely new dimension to your manicure. Used on accent nails, add-ons can spice up your designs, without being over the top.  I used Sally Hansen’s Mint Sorbet as my base colour on each nail. I then applied a layer of Golden Rule by Sally Hansen on my middle finger and created the leopard print pattern on my index and thumb using Date With the Night by Essence. Using a pick up tool, I applied the nail studs (I Heart Nail Art Studs Kit by Sally Hansen) making sure to move quickly before the nail polish was completely dry.

f 2.2 1/80s ISO 400
Matte top coats are a quick and easy way to add a graphic, sugary coating to any nail polish and are a lovely twist on the traditional glossy manicure. I first applied Pink a Card by Sally Hansen to each nail, excluding my ring finger, where I instead used Sally Hansen’s White On. The same pale pink was used to create the candy sprinkle design on the white accent nail. To achieve the matte look, I used a coat of Matt Finish by Nubar.

No comments:

Post a Comment