Monday, March 3, 2014

To Do: Touristy Cultural Stuff

During reading week my boyfriend Sören flew in from Amsterdam to visit me in Toronto. Before his arrival I looked up some cool and compelling places or events to go to. In this blogpost I show you the outfits I picked from his suitcase - he brought some colorful and patterned clothes so I tried to guide him a bit on what to combine.  

Our first stop was the BATA Shoe Museum where we were excited to see the special exhibition ‚Out of the box: The Rise of Sneaker Culture‘. Rare Sneakers from various archives (e.g. Nike, Adidas, Converse) around the world were displayed in a special set-up. If you have a thing for sneakers its definitely THE place to visit!

0.6s f/5.0 ISO 400

1/3s f/5.0 ISO 400

0.6s f/5.0 ISO 400




The second place I took pictures of Sören’s outfit was the Design Exchange, currently hosting the exhibition ‚This Is Not A Toy‘ - guest curated by Pharrel Williams. It was a great place to shoot pictures, while also taking closer looks at the amazing and inspiring pieces. Such a colorful and fun place to be!

1/3s f/5.0 ISO 200

1/30s f/3.5 ISO 800


                            Both museums offer student discounts. Check them out if you haven’t been yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment