Thursday, March 27, 2014

WMCFW: Sid Neigum Fall/Winter '14

School has got me on serious hustlin' mode lately, so for the first time since I was just a teen, I decided to opt out on fashion week. It's a little easier said than done, so I gave myself one night to go and see some shows. Sid Neigum holds a special place in my heart as the first designer collection I ever saw at fashion week when I first attended way back when.

Creating atmosphere with a live string quartet, it was an interesting one. Inspired by packaging design--because, you know, boxes are cool--the most intricately laser-cut three-dimensional forms came down the runway. They appeared in Neigum's usual black and white, and his season colours included gold, copper, and burnt orange. I'll never be a burnt orange fan, but his craftsmanship and quirk for the unconventional is always admirable.

See a few photos below!


f/2.8 - 1/320sec - ISO400

f/2.8 - 1/500sec - ISO400

f/2.8 - 1/500sec - ISO400


No comments:

Post a Comment