Thursday, March 27, 2014

Melodic Nostalgia

My friends and I have recently planned for our third-times-a-charm visit to the anticipated music festival of the year; Osheaga. Being our third year in a row going to this euphoric musical paradise, you can't help but experience nostalgia of what was in the past and how amazing it was. This year, like every year is going to be very different from the last, but as excited as I am to physically go to the festival, it's the outfit pre planning that gives me an exhilarating charge. So until I'd say July roles around, I can only reminisce on the story behind each and every outfit that I wore to Osheaga last year and how they are no longer pieces in my wardrobe that I continue to pair with; they are stories and memories that as cliche as it sounds really do last a lifetime…

Day 1: What You Know 


Shutter: 1/60 f 4.5 iso 400

Paired with my classic white converse… or should I say brown now, I couldn't resist the comfort pairing between my favourite sneakers with my boho Free People biker shorts. High wasted and completely fitted to the body, they are not your classic high wasted American Apparel shorts that (no offence) everyone wears. Mind you, I saw a good hand-full of those at the festival. The top though, I must say is my favourite. Looks a little generic in the front but the drape-like curtain opening exposing your entire back made this a festival ready shirt that I bought on sale for 15 bucks at Urban Outfitters. In the sun, I jammed and dance and jumped freely to a day of heat and rhythm.

Day 2: Honestly I don't even remember what I saw this day… Disclosure? Daughter? Beck… one of those…


Shutter: 1/60 f 4.5 iso 400

Favourite cropped shirt I must say. So much fun and I can't wait to wear it again this summer, somewhere somehow… I love the character that my fringe crop top gives off, so I wanted to pair it with something simple but complimentary. The classic Levis high wasted shorts are a festival must-have and if you see the rips under the bum I jumped and jammed my way until these shorts sadly only possess an inappropriate use now. Can't forget my gold middle-eastern infused headpiece. Pinned in, it stayed sturdy all day and made me feel like Parvati. And not to mention by destroyed turquoise Vans that got me through the day, but I must say to me there is something beautiful about destroyed sneakers. Now when I look at them I remember day 2 of the Ultimate Osheaga experience.

Day 3: Backstreet Freestyle


Shutter: 1/60 f 4.5 iso 400

The final day was epic to say in the most simple terms. The calibre of artists did far from falling short in their level of energy that was given into each of their performances. I wanted to do something fun and exciting and eccentric, and leave it to American Apparel to create merchandise that does just that. I purchased the matching sunflower two-piece and let's just say I was unmissable in the crowd. With the high energy that was experienced all throughout the Osheaga weekend, it was necessary to end the weekend with a bang. Best outfit yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment