Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring/Summer Beauty Must-Haves


What can I say? I'm a little obsessed. While I love and wish I could own everything at Sephora, the drugstore is definitely more affordable and accessible to me. At the drugstore, I can try lots of different makeup and not feel so bad because a tube of lipstick didn't cost me $40. This allows me to have a larger selection of makeup than I'm willing to admit.

Here are my top beauty must-haves that you can find at the drugstore for this upcoming Spring and Summer.


1/160, F10, ISO 400
 These two are the perfect match. Revlon's Colorstay Whipped is great for oily skin or the hot summer months, and L'oreal's True Match is lightweight and has a great selection of shades. Applied together, these will give you the most flawless finish that lasts all day.


1/160, F10, ISO 400
Essie nail polishes are my favourite. They're creamy and opaque in two coats. These two are Tart Deco (left) and Fiji (right). Tart Deco would look great with sun-kissed skin, while Fiji is girly and is the perfect partner to your gold jewellery.

1/160, F10, ISO 400
Milani is somewhat hard to find. I buy mine at Loblaw, but I hear Walmart sells them too. If you've ever watched a YouTube beauty guru or read any beauty blogs, you would have probably heard of Milani. Their most popular product is their Baked Blush in "Luminoso", as it is often compared to Nars' "Orgasm" blush. The one I have here is "Bellissimo Bronze" - the perfect bronzer, blush, and highlight all in one.

1/100, F10, ISO 800

1/100, F10, ISO 400 


 Featured on the left is L'oreal's Colour Caresse by Colour Riche in "Violet Chiffon". Lightweight, non-sticky, and on trend with this year's Pantone colour of the year, Radiant Orchid. 
On the right is Maybelline's Color Sensational Vivids in "Electric Orange". It is very opaque and very bold, but looks great with any skin tone. Personally, I love wearing bright lipstick - it's a great way to play up a neutral look. However, I reserve brighter colours for days off. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for the perfect long-lasting lipstick that can survive a long school day or 9 hour work shift. 


1/160, F10, ISO 400 

Finally, this is Oh, Lola! Eau de Parfum by Marc Jacobs. The notes are Raspberry, Vanilla, Pear, and Cyclaman. It is described as vibrant, flirtatious, and lighthearted. I love wearing sweet-smelling perfumes in the hotter months.   

1/100, F10, ISO 800




1 comment:

  1. You can have partial marks for this post; please pick a FASHION subject next time (meaning put the make up ON someone, this is just product photography and isn't quite in the 'beauty' category).

    ReplyDelete