Monday, March 17, 2014

Ode to the #Selfie

Selfies.  Hate 'em or love 'em, they're here and staying - to help boost our egos. ;)
Recently, the very cheeky General Colin Powell, claimed the world ain't got nuttin' on him, for you see, Mister Powell...is the original selfie taker.

That's right, ladies and gents, move aside, because the General has arrived on the fashion scene.  
Now, I don't know about you, but I'd like to pay tribute.  I mean, if politicians are jumping on this bandwagon, then I best be on it too. Now, I'm new to actually taking a selfie, so bear with me. 
1/50, f 5.6, ISO 400
Okay, so I was a little shy at first.

But, I decided, "Okay, this is just like any other shoot, except you're the model.  Just mimic a regular shoot.  What happens after you take a picture?"

Duh, obviously an outfit change.  Done.
1/40, f 6.3, ISO 400
Still a little nervous and something seems off.  Oh! I forgot to pose.  Silly me.
1/40, f 6.3, ISO 400
No?  Not working? Okay. Get a little out of focus...make it a little more balanced...BOOM!  What up, General?  You ain't got nothing on me!
1/40, f 6.3, ISO 400
So, it still seems a little bit off.  Make it black and white, add a lil filter...
Now it seems legit.  Nailed. It.

Personally, even though I think I got this selfie thing down...I decided to take some pointers from instagram.
1/40, f. 6.3, ISO 400
Now, I'm pro. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment